- Absences should be reported to the teacher/administrator at least 24 hours prior to the lesson
- Students missing more than two (2) lessons per term without prior notice will be considered unexcused.
- Students with more than (2) unexcused absences may be withdrawn from the program.
- No refunds or credits will be considered for unexcused absences.
- Parents should contact a teacher or an administrator if their child is going to be late and give an estimated time of arrival.
- Students who are frequently late to a lesson may be withdrawn from the program.
- Students will be provided with a materials folder that will include their music lessons and practice log.
- Students are required to practice daily on their instruments at home to help achieve musical success. This extra effort and discipline will help the student to show improvement and progress at a faster pace during weekly lessons.
- Students are required to maintain a monthly practice log to record the date and time spent practicing at home.
- Students are required to bring the practice log to each music lesson for teachers to initial for their attendance.
- Parents/guardians will be required to sign the practice log at the end of each month.
- The music teacher will collect the practice log at the end of each month.
- Music lessons are not limited due to financial restraints.
- Payment plans will be unique to each family and will be discussed during enrollment with supervisors.
- Payments should be made in monthly installments to the administrator only.
- Delinquent payments must be discussed with the administrator.
- Keyboards and instruments may be available for rent/loan and may be checked out for a term on a first come basis.
- The parent/responsible person must sign a Rental Agreement.
- A minimum rental deposit may be required and will be returned if no damage to the instrument occurred.
Snow Days/Inclement Weather
- The Helen L. Fox Gospel Music Center will close when Kalamazoo Public Schools close and/or when the Douglass Community Center closes. The closing will be announced via our text messaging service. Students will not be charged for lessons if the music center closes.
- The Helen L. Fox Gospel Music Center reserves the right to cancel lessons due to teacher illness or other unforeseen emergencies. The music center will do it’s best to contact students/parents in advance. Students will be given the opportunity to make up the lessons and not be penalized with an unexcused absence.